Translate

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Being a girl

Tonight's agenda consists of drinking Chardonnay and watching Sex and the City. (Well, I'm not actually watching it now, I'm currently watching Pucca, but SaTC is definitely in the works for later.)

Later in the night I am sort of in the mood to wear the Feeldoe and jerk myself off before going to bed.

The point of telling you all of this is another one of those language arguments that I like to make where things do not necessarily have to be "girl" things vs. "boy" things. This applies even to those who don't identify as gender queer, gender fucked, or however you choose to phrase it. It also hinges on how much I dislike use of the word "but" as a conjunction when trying to clarify or excuse things. For example, "I'm not a girly girl, but..."

The whole thing is counterproductive. As the incomparable Brian Kinney says, "No apologies, no regrets." Trying to excuse or somehow explain away the things you like or the things you do based solely on your genitalia is a waste of everybody's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment