Translate

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Knowing is half the battle

Summer vacation is officially in swing. This means I have lots of time to sleep in (read, wake up at 8am instead of 5am) and catch up on lots of good TV shows I didn't get into when people told me I should. I'm also doing productive things like painting the trim around the house.

Also, read. I really missed reading. Which is not to say that I didn't read during the school year, but the subject matter changes considerably when I thought about bringing books in to read during my break. Titles including words like "sex" or "penis" got left at home. Now that school's out, I'm free to page through tomes dedicated to the finer aspects of the facts of life.

I would by no means call myself a "sexpert" for reading the books I do. I have a terrible memory in general, and especially when it comes to remembering specific statistics about things, or what author wrote what study. At best I consider myself, "that weird person you hang out with who knows random things about animal penises." Or possibly, "the girl who wants to ask everybody about the way they define 'relationship,' like it fucking matters!" While I have definite memory shortcomings, I still enjoy learning about all of these things. Learning is power. Thinking about things is fun. I'll let the March Hare take it from here:


No comments:

Post a Comment