Translate

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Take it off nice and slow

As a general rule, I tend not to read books about stripping. I've briefly paged through a few, and always came away with the same worn-out postulation: "It's a great way to make money, but think about the objectification!" When it comes to discussions about strip clubs, people feel pretty strongly about it either way. Either it's empowering or it's demeaning. I tend to just hang out in the middle like, "whatever floats your boat, sir or madam." Trying to condense any culture into one easily argued standpoint seems sort of fruitless to me.

Of course, I also like learning about new perspectives on things. The majority of books I've seen so far write about stripping from the stripper's perspective. This one might be different. Might be worth checking out. That is, of course, if I can pile it in with all the other books I've currently got on the "going to read" list.



No comments:

Post a Comment