Translate

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Bun in the oven

Few things in life make me absolutely Zen chill out as baking. I'm not like a crazy expert. The first time I made egg whites peak I may have taken a moment to do a victory dance because I had finally figured it out.



May have forgotten to make the fork hatching on the last batch of peanut butter cookies tonight, but that's a secret just between you and I, loyal readers.


I like every step of the baking process. Amassing ingredients, the way they blend when mixed together, the way my arms get sore from mixing sometimes (I'm pretty against electric mixers, not for any specific reason, just if I don't feel I really need to use one, I don't). Tasting along the way to make sure that everything is as it should be, and the freaking amazing smell of something baking as it permeates the whole house.

No comments:

Post a Comment