Translate

Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloweenie

*sigh* What is it about mostly perfect days that inevitably are followed by days that are objectively terrible? This was one of those days where I got insanely angry - mostly at myself - and then had to get over it and get my big girl panties on. (Aside, I really hate the word panties. Let's never use it again in this blog. Agreed? Agreed.)

Besides that, though. The ultimate topic of this entry. You know I have to start off with some a tidal wave of Marshalade.

In about two weeks I will be heading to a Halloween party thrown by a coworker. I've invited both Now-hubby and Frisbee to come along with me, which is on the one hand exciting and nice (I like both of them quite a bit, so being able to be with both of them makes me do happy dances).


 On the other hand abjectly frightening, because you're never quite sure how something like that is going to go. It'll be the first sort of semi-public outing thing where all 3 of us are going to be together and we'll most likely have to do some explaining type stuff about how the whole thing works. We did visit my homelands awhile ago.


 I don't count that as the only people we really interacted with were my mother, who I had told about the whole situation 2 weeks before, and my bestie, who I was just more nervous that she wouldn't like Frisbee. In any case, having these sort of events where you're more or less going in blind to how people might react is almost reminiscent for me like when you get caught with friends in grade school and you'll all be sitting outside the principal's office making sure you have the same story.
Regardless, I now present to you on a sort of related train of thought some of my favorite costume ideas for couples. I have only duos or trios - if you're looking for some awesome ideas for your quad, can't help ya, bro. Also, yes, I'm sure there are tons more. These are just the ones that have sort of tickled my fancy as ideas over the years. Now-hubby and I have never actually pulled any of these off, mostly because we're not much into the whole Halloween thing. Also, yes, I did cheat and totally Googled the trio ideas. *shrugs* I haven't up to this point really had to think about the possibility of doing one, so I got nothing. Although my earlier linkage does make me think Luke, Leia, and Han would be awesome. Or possibly R2, C-3PO and a Jawa. That would be hilarious. I call Jawa, just so I can run around yelling "Utinni" all night. Agreed? Agreed.



Duos:
Saddam Hussein and Satan
Mordecai and Rigby
Principal Scudworth and Mister Butlertron
The Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend (your choice if you want to go the more scantily clad way and decide for her once she becomes Dr. Mrs. The Monarch)
Ren and Stimpy
Captain Picard and Wesley Crusher
Pretty much any twosome from Rocco's Modern Life
Henry and June

Trios - I'd go for either 2, 5, 9, or 10.

Huey, Dewey, and Louie
Elmer, Bugs, and Daffy

No comments:

Post a Comment