Translate

Monday, May 20, 2013

Mix & Match

This weekend was an interesting foray into, "think about your relationships" land for your author. (I have yet to find a letter that appropriately encompasses the "one woman - three men" style relationship I have going on currently. I think I may have to branch out from Latin style alphabets and see if I can find something elsewhere. If anybody happens to have a handy euphemism available, please do let me know.)

Mostly it was just a case of the, "let's figure out who all these people are and their particular significance to you without muddying it up with bullshit from your earlier experiences."


Which is not to say that I otherwise spend as little time as possible thinking about the relationships I'm in and the people that form those relationships.


There's just particular instances where Now-hubby and Frisbee sort of...intersect. It happens as well with The German, but less frequently, as he's not immediately here as the other two are. And no, I'm not talking about those Chinese finger trap moments. (Which is the one and only time you will ever hear me reference the movie Chasing Amy, because that piece of shit is intolerable.) I'm talking about those everyday type of moments where I have to transfer myself from one to the other. Having the two (or three, as the case may be) together is actually not at all awkward for me. I can't speak for them, only for myself. But I found it surprisingly easy to go from one room to the other and say, "we'd like to have sex, could you put your headphones on?" Much more easy than saying, "I have to leave you now, and I won't see you again until the next time." I don't know why that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment