Translate

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fast Times

Hey ya'll. I've got blood work coming up in the morning (you know, to check and make sure my shitty, genetically influenced cholesterol levels are still being managed by the medicine I'm taking). I didn't ever used to be afraid of going to the doctor until about two years ago when I had what I thought was a charlie horse and turned out to be a blood clot in my leg. It's not that I have undue anxiety about the doctor now, I just view office visits more suspiciously than I did previously. Sort of in a, "what could possibly be wrong now?" way, much like when I take my car to the garage for an oil change and then get handed a laundry list of other things that need to be fixed.

The blood work means fasting for 8-12 hours. Which means only drinking water, no eating. Ultimate sad face.



Tomorrow by lunch I shall be like this when I'm finally allowed to eat properly again.


No comments:

Post a Comment